Sarah Ellen Clift Selwyn Turley
Born: 3 May 1817 in Clifton, Gloucestershire, England
Christened: 8 June 1817 at the Redland Chapel in Westbury on Trym, Gloucestershire, England
Died: 4 May 1847 in Winter Quarters, Douglas, Nebraska
Buried: Winter Quarters Cemetery in Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska
FamilySearch ID: KWV9-C8G
FindaGrave Memorial ID: 35006250
Sarah was the daughter of Robert Clift and Elizabeth Cantle.
According to Theodore’s personal records, Sarah was married to __________ Selwyn in England prior to her immigration to the United States. Their children were:
- Congrove Clift Selwyn (1839-Unknown)
- George Augustus Clift Selwyn (1841-1894) m1. Lucy Anna Fischer, m2. Jennie H. Stewart.
Sarah became a plural wife of Theodore Turley on 26 April 1844 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois. Theodore and Sarah were sealed on 19 January 1846 in the Nauvoo Temple. Their children were:
- Princetta Turley (1845-1846)
- Joseph Smith Turley (1846-1847) – twin.
- Hyrum Smith Turley (1846-1847) – twin.
Life sketch coming soon.