Mary Clift Turley
Born: 16 June 1815 in Clifton, Gloucestershire, England
Christened: 9 July 1815 at the Redland Chapel in Westbury on Trym, Gloucestershire, England
Died: 30 March 1850 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
Buried: Salt Lake City Cemetery, Salt Lake, Utah
FamilySearch ID: KWV9-C8K
FindaGrave Memorial ID: 37273224
Mary was the daughter of Robert Clift and Elizabeth Cantle.
Mary became a plural wife of Theodore Turley in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois, but the exact date was not recorded. Traditionally, the family has put their marriage around January 1842. Public Nauvoo High Council records, however, suggest otherwise. Theodore and Mary were sealed on 3 February 1846 in the Nauvoo Temple. Their children were:
- Jason Turley (1842-1843) *Disputed paternity*
- Ephraim Turley (1845-1845)
- Theodoreus Turley (1848-1848)
- Frances Kimberley Turley (1850-1914) m1. Benjamin Franklin Parsons (divorced), m2. Thomas William McIntosh.
Life sketch coming soon.
- Family Memorial for Mary Clift and children
- Blog posts: “In the Valley of the Great Salt Lake” (7/5/2019), “Crossing the Plains with the Silas Richards Company” (7/23/2019)
- Ann Lewis’ website: “Death of Mary Clift Turley, wife of Theodore, 30 March 1850, Salt Lake City”