Frances Amelia Kimberley Turley
Born: 22 June 1800 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England1
Christened: 9 October 1800 at church of St. Martin in the Bull Ring in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England2
Died: 30 August 1847 in Winter Quarters, Douglas, Nebraska3
Buried: Winter Quarters Cemetery in Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska4
FamilySearch ID: KWJV-HK6
FindaGrave Memorial ID: 35004541
Frances was the daughter of Thomas Kimberley and Sarah Hitchens.
Frances married Theodore Turley on 26 November 1821 at St. Peter’s Church in Harborne (southwest Birmingham), Warwickshire, England.5 Theodore and Frances were sealed on 19 January 1846 in the Nauvoo Temple.6 They had the following children:
- Theodore Turley, Jr. (1822-1837)
- Frances Amelia Turley (1825-1846) m. Cyrus Daniels.
- Mary Ann Turley (1827-1904) m1. Brigham Young (divorced), m2. John James Cook.
- Priscilla Rebecca Turley (1829-1904) m. Amasa Mason Lyman.
- Frederick Turley (1832-1875) m. Amelia Louisa Counsell.
- Obia Turley (1834-1834)
- Sarah Elizabeth Turley (1835-1914) m. Stephen Franklin.
- Isaac Turley (1837-1908) m1. Sarah Greenwood, m2. Clara Ann Tolton.
- Charlotte Turley (1840-1899) m. Jacob Bushman.
- Jonathan Turley (1842-1846)
Go to Life Sketch
Go to Timeline
Go to Important Places
Life sketch coming soon.
- Family Memorial for Frances Amelia Kimberley and children
- Theodore Turley: A Biography by Richard E. Turley, Jr. – see especially 1: Early Life in England
- Ann Lewis’ website: “Frances Amelia Kimberley Turley b. 22 June 1800, d. 30 Aug 1847 Winter Quarters, Nebraska”
Birmingham, England: Born in Birmingham, married in Harborne parish
London, England: Lived briefly at Snowsfields
Upper Canada (Ontario): York & Churchville
Missouri: Far West
Illinois: Quincy, Nauvoo
Iowa: Winter Quarters
- Family Memorial; Devery S. Anderson and Gary James Bergara, The Nauvoo Endowment Companies, 1845-1846: A Documentary History (Salt Lake City, Utah: Signature Books, 2005), p. 109; Nauvoo and sealing record “A”, 1846-1857, p. 523-524, sealing of Theodore Turley to Frances Kimberley, 19 January 1846, FHL 183374; Winter Quarters Sexton Records.
- Christening record of 9 October 1800 states “Frances daughter of Thomas & Sarah Kimberly.” Ancestry.com. Birmingham, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013, Archive Roll: M178, Original data: Anglican Parish Records. Birmingham, England: Library of Birmingham.
- Family Memorial; Winter Quarters Sexton Records.
- Winter Quarters Sexton Records; Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 15 April 2020), memorial page for Francis Amelia Kimberley Turley (22 Jun 1800–30 Jun 1847), Find a Grave Memorial no. 35004541, citing Mormon Pioneer Cemetery, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA, Maintained by SMSmith (contributor 46491005).
- Family Memorial; Ancestry.com. Birmingham, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013, Reference Number: DRO 61, Archive Roll: 554, Original data: Anglican Parish Records. Birmingham, England: Library of Birmingham.
- Nauvoo and sealing record “A”, 1846-1857, p. 523-524, sealing of Theodore Turley to Frances Kimberley, 19 January 1846, FHL 183374.