Below are links to images and/or transcripts of many original documents relating to Theodore Turley available on our website or other online databases. We hope they will be of benefit to descendants and researchers. (Note: this page is still under construction.)
Christening Records – includes 1801 Christening record of Theodore Turley (Birmingham, England), 1822 Christening record of son, Theodore Turley, Jr. (Birmingham, England), and 1826 Christening record of daughter, Frances Amelia Turley (London, England).
1821 Marriage Record of Theodore Turley and Frances Amelia Kimberley Turley (Harborne, England) – Note: Harborne is in the greater Birmingham area.
1850 Marriage Record of Theodore Turley and Ruth Jane Giles (Salt Lake City, Utah) – transcript only.
Family Memorials – Theodore’s personal handwritten family group sheets documenting his marriages and children with Frances Amelia Kimberley, Mary Clift, and Sarah Ellen Clift. (We are not aware of any family memorials documenting his marriages and children with Eliza Clift or Ruth Jane Giles.)
- Frances Amelia Kimberley Turley Family Memorial
- Mary Clift Turley Family Memorial
- Sarah Ellen Clift Selwyn Turley Family Memorial
1872 Probate Record for Theodore Turley (Beaver County, Utah)
- Related: The Theodore Turley: A Biography series by Richard E. Turley, Jr., relies heavily on Theodore Turley’s mission journal as a source.
Wilford Woodruff’s Journals – Theodore Turley accompanied members of the Twelve Apostles, including Wilford Woodruff, on their mission to England in 1840.
- Related: installments 13 through 45 of the Theodore Turley: A Biography series by Richard E. Turley, Jr., relate to the 1839-1840 British Mission.
William Clayton’s Journal – William Clayton was in the group of British converts that Theodore brought back to Nauvoo in 1840.
- Related: installments 33 through 45 of the Theodore Turley: A Biography series by Richard E. Turley, Jr., rely on William Clayton’s journal for the journey of Theodore’s company back from England to Nauvoo, Illinois. Also see the blog post “From the Inbox: Bringing the British Converts to Nauvoo.”
Offline: Amasa Mason Lyman Journals – full transcript available in the book Thirteenth Apostle: The Diaries of Amasa M. Lyman, 1832-1877, edited by Scott H. Partridge (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2016).
- Related blog post: Do We Have Theodore’s Death Date Wrong?
1837 Letter from Theodore Turley to Isaac Russell (Churchville, Ontario)
- Related: “Church Life in Canada, 1837-1838,” in the Theodore Turley: A Biography series by Richard E. Turley, Jr.
1848 Letter from Theodore Turley to Brigham Young (probably Winter Quarters, Nebraska)
1849 Letter from Silas Richards to Brigham Young giving a status report on their journey from Winter Quarters to Salt Lake City (transcript and original). Mentions Theodore Turley among the company members. See also the Camp of Israel schedule and report for the Silas Richards company.
- Related blog post: Crossing the Plains with the Silas Richards Company.
1855 Letter from Theodore Turley to Hosea Stout (San Bernardino, California)
- Related: David Roche Turley’s presentation at the 2019 TTFO Temple and Family History Day.
1971 Letter from Theodore Turley’s grandson, Joseph Soll Turley, to descendants of Theodore Turley (Tujunga, California).
1852 California State Census (San Bernardino County, California)
1860 United States Federal Census (Beaver County, Utah)
1870 United States Federal Census (Beaver, Beaver County, Utah)
- Related blog post: “Celebrating the U.S. Census with Theodore Turley’s Census Records”
- Missouri – has anyone found records relating to Theodore’s property in Far West, Missouri?
- Salt Lake City
- Related blog post: “In the Valley of the Great Salt Lake.”
- Salt Lake City